Huawei Marine Networks announced on Wednesday that it has been awarded a contract by the government of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea to build the 290km Ceiba-2 Submarine Cable System expected to be ready for service in the fourth quarter of 2015.
Seaborn Networks, Netell Telecom, and Citatel Dutos e Fibras Ópticas announced on Wednesday that Seaborn has acquired backhaul and metro fiber network capacity in the State of São Paulo from Netell and Citatel for Seaborn's Brazil-US subsea cable. This contracted capacity provides a diverse, dark fiber backhaul solution from Seaborn's cable landing station in Santos as well as a dark fiber, mesh network solution to Seaborn's points of presence in metro São Paulo.
Angola Cables hosted its Data Gathering Meeting (DGM) at Pacific Telecommunications Council (PTC '15) on Tuesday, January 20. At this DGM, Angola Cables updated the latest progress about the South Atlantic Cable System (SACS) and Monet submarine cable network (COTA).
According to a presentation delivered by the well-known lawyer Mr. Kent Bressie, who is specializing in telecommunications, foreign investment, and national security regulation, the table below lists the processing times for the FCC submarine cable landing license for some typical cables landing in the US.
The National Development and Reform Commission of China (NDRC) announced on Wednesday it had approved the New Pacific Cross (NCP) submarine cable project by the end of last December. The NCP cable project has turned green on China side. According to public information, the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has not released the approval of cable landing license to construct, land and operator the NCP cable in the United States yet.
Global Cloud Xchange (GCX) announced on 9 January 2015 the company has shortlisted three vendors for the construction of its India Cloud Xchange (ICX) subsea cable, which will deliver a direct Mumbai-Singapore route to bypass current outage prone terrestrial routes between Mumbai and Chennai.
- Telstra Launches Low Latency Global Financial Trading Solutions
- Brazil Studying Underwater Fiber Cable Network in the Amazon Basin
- China Telecom Promotes Ultra Low Latency Solutions
- AMX-1 Cable Completes its Final Landing in Puerto Rico
- TPE Cable to Upgrade with Ciena 100G Solutions and its Impacts
- Tata Communications Announces Investment in Seabras-1 US-Brazil Cable
- China Telecom Studying Billions Investment in Mexico
- SBSS Completes Subsea Power Cable Installation in Venezuela
- Hibernia Networks Upgrades Trans-Atlantic Cable with Ciena
- Tasman Global Access Consortium Awards Contract to Alcatel-Lucent
- Partners Group to Finance Seabras-1
- Huawei Marine Second Generation Repeater and Branching Unit Achieves Successful Sea Trial in the Atlantic Ocean
- AAG Cable Cut Offshore Vietnam on Jan. 5
- Top Stories of 2014
- Telstra to Acquire Pacnet for US$697 million
- China Unicom Announces to Land AAE-1 Cable in Myanmar
- China-Myanmar International (CMI) Terrestrial Cable Launches for Service
- MENA Submarine Cable System Launches for Service
- Angola Cables Announces to Build the South Atlantic Cable System (SACS)
- FASTER Cable vs New Cross Pacific (NCP)